Areas Affected: Fountain; Parke; Vermillion; Warren
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Indiana...
Wabash River at Riverton, Hutsonville Legacy Power Plant Site
Clinton, Terre Haute, Covington, Montezuma, and Lafayette
.Rainfall over the weekend caused widespread minor flooding along
the Wabash River. Minor flooding is expected to continue for most
sites through the week. The crest of the Wabash Friday morning was
near Terre Haute, and is expected to reach Riverton later this
...The Flood Warning is now in effect until Sunday morning...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Wabash River at Covington.
* Until Sunday morning.
* At 10:45 AM EDT Friday the stage was 18.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 16.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending at 10:45 AM EDT Friday was 20.2 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to fall below flood stage tomorrow evening and continue falling to 9.3 feet Monday, May 24.
* Impact...At 18.0 feet, Five Crossings, a local county river park at old U.S. Highway 136 bridge site, begins to flood. &&
Motorists should not attempt to drive around barricades or drive cars through flooded areas. Additional information is available at www.weather.gov/ind. The next statement should be issued this evening by around 1100 PM CDT /1200 AM EDT/.