Areas Affected: Fountain; Parke; Tippecanoe; Vermillion; Warren
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Indiana...
Wabash River at Riverton, Hutsonville Legacy Power Plant Site
Clinton, Terre Haute, Covington, Montezuma, and Lafayette
.Rainfall over the weekend caused widespread minor flooding along
the Wabash River. Minor flooding is expected to continue for most
sites through the week. The crest of the Wabash late Wednesday
evening was near Covington, and is expected to reach Riverton during
...The Flood Warning remains in effect...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Wabash River at Lafayette.
* Until Friday morning.
* At 8:30 PM EDT Wednesday the stage was 13.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 11.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending at 8:30 PM EDT Wednesday was 16.1 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to fall below flood stage tomorrow evening and continue falling to 8.7 feet Monday morning.
* Impact...At 14.0 feet, Lowland flooding is in progress. High water affects river cabins near North 9th Street. Low county roads are nearly impassable. Tapawingo Park in West Lafayette begins to flood. &&
Motorists should not attempt to drive around barricades or drive cars through flooded areas. Additional information is available at www.weather.gov/ind. The next statement should be issued Thursday morning by around 845 AM CDT /945 AM EDT/.