Areas Affected: Bartholomew; Boone; Brown; Clay; Daviess; Decatur; Greene; Hamilton; Hancock; Hendricks; Henry; Jackson; Jennings; Johnson; Knox; Lawrence; Marion; Martin; Monroe; Morgan; Owen; Putnam; Rush; Shelby; Sullivan; Vigo
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of central Indiana, east central Indiana, south central Indiana, southeast Indiana, southwest Indiana, and west central Indiana, including the following areas, in central Indiana, Bartholomew, Boone, Decatur, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Marion, Morgan, Rush, and Shelby. In east central Indiana, Henry. In south central Indiana, Brown, Jackson, Lawrence, and Monroe. In southeast Indiana, Jennings. In southwest Indiana, Daviess, Greene, Knox, Martin, and Sullivan. In west central Indiana, Clay, Owen, Putnam, and Vigo.
* Through Thursday evening
* Heavy rain remains a concern through Thursday with the potential for an additional 2 to 4 inches in some locations. The greatest risk for widespread heavy rainfall will come from Wednesday afternoon through Thursday morning...but any shower or storm that falls over already saturated grounds could result in flash flooding.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a VERY DANGEROUS SITUATION. You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should Flash Flood Warnings be issued. Never Drive into Flood Water. Turn Around...Don`t Drown!
Areas Affected: Boone
The National Weather Service in Indianapolis has issued a
* Flood Warning for... Eastern Boone County in central Indiana... Hamilton County in central Indiana... Southern Tipton County in central Indiana...
* Until 630 PM EDT.
* At 329 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain that will cause flooding fell across the warned area. Up to two inches of rain fell with another inch possible in spots.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include... Carmel, Noblesville, Zionsville, Westfield, Cicero, Sheridan, Arcadia, Atlanta and Morse Reservoir.
Areas Affected: Boone; Carroll; Clinton; Delaware; Fountain; Hamilton; Hancock; Hendricks; Henry; Howard; Johnson; Madison; Marion; Montgomery; Morgan; Parke; Putnam; Randolph; Rush; Shelby; Tippecanoe; Tipton; Vermillion; Warren
...FUNNEL CLOUDS POSSIBLE THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING... Small funnel clouds are possible this evening in showers and thunderstorms that develop along boundaries. These are not likely to extend all the way to the ground.