Areas Affected: Fountain; Parke; Vermillion; Warren
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Indiana...
Wabash River at Riverton affecting Sullivan, Knox, Crawford and
Wabash River at Hutsonville Legacy Power Plant Site affecting
Sullivan, Knox, Crawford and Lawrence Counties.
Wabash River at Terre Haute affecting Sullivan, Vigo, Crawford
and Clark Counties.
Wabash River at Covington affecting Parke, Warren, Fountain and
Wabash River at Montezuma affecting Parke, Vigo and Vermillion
.Minor flooding is expected to continue for most sites along the
Wabash River into early next week. The crest of the Wabash Saturday
morning was near Terre Haute, and is expected to reach Riverton
later this weekend.
...The Flood Warning remains in effect...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Wabash River at Covington.
* Until Sunday morning.
* At 8:45 PM EDT Friday the stage was 18.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 16.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending at 8:45 PM EDT Friday was 19.6 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to fall below flood stage this evening and continue falling to 9.3 feet Monday, May 24.
* Impact...At 18.0 feet, Five Crossings, a local county river park at old U.S. Highway 136 bridge site, begins to flood. &&
Motorists should not attempt to drive around barricades or drive cars through flooded areas. Additional information is available at www.weather.gov/ind. The next statement should be issued this evening by around 900 PM CDT /1000 PM EDT/.