TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — The Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office has released the names of those injured in a garbage truck versus SUV crash that happened Friday morning
It happened around 11:30 a.m. in the area of State Road 38 and County Road 900 East. Shey James Parke from Lafayette was driving north. Police said Parke did not yield the right-of-way and drove into the path of a westbound Mack Allied Waste garbage truck.
Mark Rogers of Lafayette was behind the wheel of the garbage truck. Police said the two vehicles collided in the intersection and came to rest in the ditch on the northwest portion of the intersection.
Deputies said Parke suffered life threatening injuries and was taken to IU Health Arnett Hospital. They said Parke is currently in critical condition in the intensive care unit.
Police said Rogers was treated and released from IU Health Arnett Hospital for minor injuries.
TCSO said toxicology results are pending for both drivers.
- UPDATE: Names released in S.R. 38 crash that sent two to the hospital
- SR 234 closing Monday
- 2 injured in SR 28 crash
- Victim Identified in S.R. 26 Fatal Crash
- Name released in Lake Village fatal crash
- Officials release name of fatal crash victim
- Man dead, another airlifted in State Road 38 crash
- HIGHLIGHTS: Twin Lakes 51, Frontier 38 (BBB)
- HIGHLIGHTS: Harrison 57, Kokomo 38 (BBB)
- UPDATE: Police have released the names of those involved in crash that left one dead