TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Buck Creek fugitive is still on the loose Tuesday in Tippecanoe County.
Deputies are searching for 55-year-old Paul Etter after he allegedly raped and kidnapped a woman Saturday.
He now faces eight charges, seven of which are felonies including rape, attempted rape, and two counts of kidnapping.
The others are two counts of criminal confinement and sexual battery.
He is also facing one misdemeanor of interference with the reporting of a crime.
Sheriff Bob Goldsmith said the mug shot News 18 was given is from a previous OWI arrest seven years ago, but he still looks the same.
Court documents reveal the victim allegedly pulled into a a driveway off County Road 900 East around 4:30 a.m. Saturday and that's when Etter asked if she needed help.
She thought he was suspicious, so she called a friend to help and he was going to meet her at his house.
However, allegedly, when she pulled into her friend's driveway, so did Etter and then he grabbed her, handcuffed her and put her into the back of his car.
Between then and 9:30 a.m., Etter allegedly drove somewhere, sexually assaulted her, and then blindfolded her and shackled her in a barn.
He eventually let her go.
Etter has been on the run since police arrived at 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
Multiple agencies are still doing everything they can to find him.
Goldsmith added a message Monday for community members to be mindful of comments about this case on social media.
"They just want to get under people's skin," said Goldsmith. "You have a situation like this that is very sensitive and everybody is going to put their opinions on there and just don't read into them."
Below are links to our previous stories in the investigation.
- KIDNAPPING AND ASSAULT SUSPECT FACING 7 CHARGES, NEW DETAILS RELEASED (Posted on June 25th, 2019)
- SAFETY REMAINS PARAMOUNT IN SEARCH FOR PAUL ETTER (Posted on June 24th, 2019)
- NEARBY NEIGHBORS SPEAK OUT ABOUT SEARCH FOR PAUL ETTER (Posted on June 24th, 2019)
- EVERYTHING WE KNOW: KIDNAPPING AND SEXUAL ASSAULT SUSPECT STILL ON THE RUN (Posted on June 24th, 2019)
- TIPPECANOE COUNTY MAN ACCUSED OF ABDUCTING WOMAN REMAINS AT LARGE (Posted on June 23rd, 2019)
- POLICE INVESTIGATING COMMENT ON WLFI WEB STORY, POTENTIALLY FROM SUSPECT (Posted on June 23rd, 2019)
- Sheriff Goldsmith urges neighbors to be careful on social media during Paul Etter case
- Nearby neighbors speak out about search for Paul Etter
- What's next for the Paul Etter investigation?
- Safety remains paramount in search for Paul Etter
- Search for Paul Etter goes beyond Tippecanoe County
- Bob Goldsmith enters Tippecanoe County sheriff's race
- Bob Goldsmith political sign vandalized
- Goldsmith pulls off win in tight Tippecanoe County Sheriff's race
- Goldsmith, Dombkowski to debate live Wednesday
- Lt. Bob Goldsmith announces intentions to run for Tippecanoe Co. Sheriff