CLINTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — State police are investigating a shooting on I-65 overnight. They say the victim was brought to the hospital by 20-year-old Darius Printup of Lafayette.
Around 2:30 Friday morning, troopers were called to IU Hospital in Frankfort for a woman with a gunshot wound to her back.
It happened somewhere north of the Frankfort exit.
Troopers believe a black 2010 Chevrolet Impala was following a black Honda Civic. They say shots were fired from the Impala and hit the Civic with the victim inside.
Eventually, the victim was transferred to an Indianapolis hospital and is stable.
This investigation is continuing and if you may have witnessed the shooting or can identify the cars please call the Indiana State Police and ask for Trooper Detective Josh Edwards or First Sergeant Jerry Holeman.
The number is 765-567-2125.
- Police: Woman hospitalized after getting shot on I-65
- Police identify woman found dead along I-65 in Indiana
- Woman killed while walking along I-65
- Northbound I-65 back open
- I-65 police chase ends in Clinton County
- Man arrested after I-65 crash
- Additional lane coming to I-65
- Woman found dead along southern I-65; help sought identifying her
- Indiana State Police found lost dog on I-65
- Crash slows holiday traffic on I-65