TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. – The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) announced nighttime lane restrictions will begin Wednesday, May 2 on U.S. 52 in Lafayette.
According to a press release, the contractor plans to begin resurfacing from Teal Rd. and 30th St. to just south of Veterans Memorial Parkway. This will begin around 7 p.m. and continue through 7 a.m. the next day. This work is anticipated to continue through June 15, weather permitting.
Rieth-Riley Construction was awarded this contract for $10.5 million. This project includes patching and resurfacing U.S. 52 from South 30th St. in Lafayette to East C.R. 900 South, approximately seven miles southeast of Lafayette. The northern section of U.S. 52 in Lafayette will be resurfaced with asphalt.
The southern portion of this project spanning from just north of C.R. 500 E. to C.R. 900 S. will be concrete work. During this phase, traffic will be shifted into one 11 foot lane in each direction. There will be closures at the county road intersections for up to four days.
This work is scheduled for completion at the end of September of this year.
- U.S. 52 nighttime lane restrictions start May 2
- Lane restrictions coming to US 52
- Nightly lane restrictions start on I-65
- Road restrictions planned for US 52 resurfacing
- New signal starts operating on US 52
- Salisbury and Sagamore lane restrictions on Monday
- Temporary lane restriction caused by sinkhole
- Water main replacement to cause lane restrictions on 4th Street
- State Road 26 will undergo lane restrictions this week
- Lane restrictions begin for year-long project on Schuyler Avenue