TIPPECANOE COUTNY, Ind. (WLFI) - Local police are still searching for Paul Etter. As News 18 previously reported, he is wanted for a kidnapping crime. Police have been searching for Etter since 5 p.m. on Saturday.
It appears Etter left a comment on News 18's original article. The comment was posted around 1 p.m. on Sunday. It is not confirmed if this is actually Paul Etter's Facebook account, but the sheriff's department is investigating the comment.
Below is a picture of his comment.
Etter is still at large. The Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Department is asking people in the area not to open their doors. Sheriff Bob Goldsmith said the office is receiving many calls from concerned neighbors. He is asking to only call the department for help if you notice anything out of the ordinary at your home.
- Police investigating comment on WLFI web story, potentially from suspect
- WLFI History
- WATCH: Man arrested after destroying WLFI camera
- Neighbor who chased stabbing suspect shares story
- Potentially Significant Weekend Snowfall
- 18th St. standoff over: Four detained, including potential suspect
- VIDEO: WLFI Sports team looks at Arizona's offense
- WLFI to broadcast debate between Tippecanoe Co. sheriff, prosecutor candidates
- Candidates discuss future of Tippecanoe County in WLFI's primary debate
- WLFI's Kayla Sullivan expecting a bundle of joy