LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)— Rain or shine, the Annual Zoo Run Run ran for its 16th year Saturday morning.
The Columbian Park Zoo welcomed runners and walkers to raise money for animal exhibits.
The race kicked off at 8 a.m. and was followed by a kids race where volunteers helped pass out waters and track times at the finish line for runners and walkers.
Participants enjoyed free donuts from Mary Lou Donuts and a free race day t-shirt.
Co-organizer Kara Bishop said the money will help the zoo's development.
"We're pretty consistent with how much we raise and we're really thankful for the people who come out every year," said Bishop. "We can really count on this money to be a great fundraiser for the zoo."
The race also had a new feature this year of food from Fair Oaks Farms.
- Zoo Run Run hosts 16th annual race for Columbian Park Zoo
- Columbian Park Zoo hosts first ever Zoo Year's Eve Party
- Columbian Park Zoo preparing for Boo at the Zoo
- Columbian Park Zoo opens for season
- Columbian Park Zoo moves into fall hours
- Columbian Park Zoo closing for winter
- More than 500 people participated in this year's Columbian Park Zoo Run-Run 5K
- Columbian Zoo prepares for Boo at the Zoo
- Columbian Park Zoo saying goodbye to its 70-year-old tortoise
- Work to begin on Columbian Park Zoo penguin exhibit