WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)— The Young Democratic Socialists of America is a student program on Purdue University's campus.
The group helps students know what to do in certain legal situations.
Monday's event focused on topics including leasing agreements and peaceful protests. The group passed out packets with legal advice from Purdue, along with a card on constitutional rights.
Remingtin Nickle is a group member. She said simply working with students provides a unique opportunity.
"It also gives us a unique opportunity," said Nickle. "They're still young, so we're still learning things and they can carry what they learn here on through their lives."
Monday's event was part of a series. Tuesday's discussion will help teach students how to deal with law enforcement.
That will take place at 7 p.m. in the Physics Building, Room 223.
- Young Democratic Socialists of America aim to educate students
- Indiana's young Democrats bid to host national convention
- Young Democrats will meet in Indianapolis in 2019
- Todd Young reacts to Trump's criticism of four democratic congresswomen
- Training videos aim to educate the community about substance abuse and solutions
- Young-Braun bill aims to name post office after Ernie Pyle
- Program within LSC aims to keep students in school
- Federal grant to help teachers educate bilingual students
- Adult education program helps students succeed to graduation
- 'Hispanic Student Day' shows high schoolers benefits of higher education