LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The YWCA's 45th salute to women honored seven women Monday.
All of them were recognized for their efforts to make the Greater Lafayette community a better place to live.
The annual event filled a packed banquet hall at The Trails.
Many of the honorees said the night brought them tremendous amounts of pride.
Most of these women have immersed themselves in community service since they were little girls.
The executive director of YWCA says the seven women join an elite group and share a legacy of service and leadership. One of these women, West Lafayette City Clerk Sana Booker, realizes that this is a high honor.
"They are just spirited, amazing and wonderful and now I get to sit in the company of them," said Booker. "I was told a long time ago you are the company you keep and I am trying to be that. I'm not there yet, but I am trying."
All seven of the honorees have their stories on our website.
- YWCA's 45th salute to women honored 7 women
- YWCA recognizes Cathy Benner in 45th Salute to Women Celebration
- YWCA honors Vanessa Pacheco in Salute To Women
- YWCA honors Tamara House in salute to women
- YWCA of Greater Lafayette honoring West Lafayette native during 2019 Salute to Women
- YWCA's Salute to Women Celebration to honor West Lafayette City Clerk Sana Booker
- YWCA announces women of distinction
- YWCA honors Sarah Johnson
- Annual YWCA event honors local women for service in the community
- 12th annual Ultimate Pink Party raising money for YWCA Women's Cancer Program