LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The YWCA's 45th salute to women honored seven women Monday.
All of them were recognized for their efforts to make the Greater Lafayette community a better place to live.
The annual event filled a packed banquet hall at The Trails.
Many of the honorees said the night brought them tremendous amounts of pride.
Most of these women have immersed themselves in community service since they were little girls.
The executive director of YWCA says the seven women join an elite group and share a legacy of service and leadership. One of these women, West Lafayette City Clerk Sana Booker, realizes that this is a high honor.
"They are just spirited, amazing and wonderful and now I get to sit in the company of them," said Booker. "I was told a long time ago you are the company you keep and I am trying to be that. I'm not there yet, but I am trying."
All seven of the honorees have their stories on our website.
- YWCA's 45th salute to women honored 7 women
- YWCA recognizes Cathy Benner in 45th Salute to Women Celebration
- YWCA's Salute to Women honors Christa Coffey
- YWCA honors Tamara House in salute to women
- YWCA honors Vanessa Pacheco in Salute To Women
- Carol Price; a YWCA Salute to Women honoree
- YWCA Salute to Women honoree advocates for immigrants
- Salute To Women Honors Sharon Versyp
- Judge Kristen McVey to be honored in YWCA Salute to Women
- YWCA's Salute to Women Celebration to honor West Lafayette City Clerk Sana Booker