Photo Gallery 1 Images
LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The YWCA of Greater Lafayette opened its doors to local vendors for the first holiday market.
Handmade crafts and a variety of food from vendors could be found at the market. YWCA employee, Janae Kraud said different groups use their kitchen year-round.
So she came up with the idea to give them a place to sell items in the winter.
"More people in and out of our doors people don't even know some of the programs that we have to offer and so the flyers that they see and we get to have the face to face contact with them and discuss programs at the Y, it's just a great opportunity," said Kraud.
The market will be once a month on the second Saturday of each month from 8 a.m. to noon.
- YWCA holds first indoor market
- West Lafayette holding Farmers Market indoors this winter
- YWCA honors Sarah Johnson
- YWCA holds grand opening for renamed local business
- YWCA announces women of distinction
- YWCA announces permanent pool closure
- Social media movement inspires YWCA event
- Ultimate Pink Party raises funds for YWCA
- Thometra Foster recognized by YWCA as woman of distinction
- Veronica Jalomo recognized by YWCA as woman of distinction