CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Carroll County investigators said they are relieved no one was hurt after a drunken driver traveled the wrong way on the Hoosier Heartland Highway.
Forty Three-year-old John Wiley of Lafayette faces preliminary charges of operating while intoxicated, resisting law enforcement and reckless driving.
Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said around 4:30 Sunday morning, another driver reported Wiley headed south in the northbound lanes. Officers warned northbound drivers and set up stop sticks near the Tippecanoe County line.
Wiley has since made his three thousand dollar bond and is due in court July 10th.
- Wrong way drunk driver arrested on Hoosier Heartland
- Hoosier Heartland crash victim dies
- Delphi to join Hoosier Heartland Conference
- Woman airlifted from Hoosier Heartland Highway after crash
- Hoosier Weather Folklore
- Hoosiers celebrate Sunday alcohol sales
- Recognizing how Alzheimer's impacts Hoosiers
- Amtrak closes Hoosier State Trains
- Man arrested for driving drunk around little league park
- Hoosier National Forest wants to decommission roadways