Photo Gallery 1 Images
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Wreaths Across America is a nationwide event that started at Arlington and has since spread to nearly every military cemetery across the country.
Volunteers put wreaths on every headstone in the Veteran's Home Cemetery in West Lafayette. They will remain there through the holiday season.
President of Lafayette Gold Star Mothers, Pam Mow said this is the fifth year Greater Lafayette has participated in the event.
"There are just a little over 2,800 grave sites here so we had enough to cover the whole cemetery," said Mow.
Diane Carlson volunteered at the event for the second time.
"My husband is a veteran and I feel very drawn to things that serve veterans," said Carlson.
With nearly 400 people, the event saw the largest number of volunteers in history this year. More than 1,200 cemeteries participate nationwide.
- Wreaths Across America in West Lafayette
- Donations being collected to honor veterans for Wreaths Across America
- Wreaths Across America calls on community for help
- Wreaths Across America event held at the Indiana Veterans Home
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- Cooke, West Lafayette top Lafayette Jeff 2-0
- Community remembers fallen soldiers and vets at "Wreaths Across America" ceremony
- Getting ready for seventh annual Wreaths Across America event at IVH
- West Lafayette pools open Thursday
- West Lafayette native makes history