TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI)—Nearly 1,600 cemeteries across the United States participated in Wreaths of America.
People gathered at the Indiana Veterans Home on Saturday to honor those who have and still serve our country.
This is the 6th annual Wreaths Across America for the Indiana Veterans Home.
This year 2,900 wreaths were delivered to IVH. Gold Star Moms Kim Markham & Pam Mow hope people take away a deeper message.
"That we just never forget and this ceremony and this event today I think is one of the most honorable things you can do to not forget. This is a way to pay it forward to other veterans," said Markham.
"We love veterans so this is just a way annually," said Mow. "There's so many good people in this community and surrounding communities. We don't hear about because there's so many negative things. This is just one of those ways we can positively affect people and remind them to thank our veterans for their sacrafice."
- Wreaths Across America event held at the Indiana Veterans Home
- Donations being collected to honor veterans for Wreaths Across America
- Wreaths Across America in West Lafayette
- Getting ready for seventh annual Wreaths Across America event at IVH
- Wreaths Across America calls on community for help
- Volunteers plant trees at Indiana Veterans' Home
- Flag planted at Indiana Veteran's Home
- Indiana Veterans' Home looking for new superintendent
- 50th Anniversary 'Welcome Home' luncheon held for Vietnam-Era veterans
- Indiana Veterans Home hosts Native American Indian Veterans Ceremony