LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Work is scheduled for the lower Elliot Ditch. Tippecanoe County and the city of Lafayette will complete several stream corridor improvements.
The ditch has had erosion, downed trees, logjams and exposed utilities. Clean-up will include tree removal, tree planting, erosion repair, maintenance access and walking trails.
Lafayette Renew Superintendent Brad Talley said work is being done to prevent problems in the future.
"Responsibility for maintenance is split between the city and the county so what we will do is look at it holistically and see what needs to be done," said Talley.
The first phase of the project is scheduled to be complete by December 31st. That phase is a field investigation to identify problem areas.
- Work scheduled for Elliott Ditch
- Patrick Elliott's murder trial postponed
- Elliott Hall of Music Installs Hearing Loop System
- Starbucks, citing environment, is ditching plastic straws
- Rensselaer holiday trash schedule
- Purdue promotes Norbert Elliott to track and field and cross country coach
- Pilot makes emergency landing in ditch near shopping center
- Frankfort holiday trash collection schedule
- Purdue releases spring football schedule
- Southside community center opening right on schedule