LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)-- A woman who's traveling the world in an eye-opening truck is making a stop in Lafayette.
After 9/11 almost 17 years ago, Xan Joi began to paint her truck with the message, "Thou shall not kill." From there, she's traveled the world sharing her beliefs on current social issues.
Joi lives in her truck and travels to different states sharing her book "But what can I do?" She said bringing racism, homophobia, and sexism to light is a conversation people need to have.
Joi said her truck is a way to spread her message.
"People can paint their truck also. They can paint their car also. They can speak up. They can stand up. They have to we have to push everyone, even myself to do more." said Joi.
Joi will present her book Friday afternoon at 3:30 p.m at the Tippecanoe County Public Library.
- Woman travels through Lafayette with eye-opening truck sharing beliefs on social issues
- Travel Warning issued for Benton County
- West Lafayette welcomes back refurbished fire truck
- Lafayette School Corporation gets a food truck
- West Lafayette pools open Thursday
- Frost Advisory issued for Greater Lafayette
- West Lafayette eyes revenge, regional title in rematch with Brebeuf
- Local woman offers up all Lafayette has to offer through social media
- Woman arrested following Lafayette shooting
- Missing Lafayette woman found safe