LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette woman was sentenced Friday for her role in the robbery of the Elmwood Avenue Speedway in April. Whitney Gamiel was sentenced to 10 years in the Department of Corrections and 2 years of supervised probation.
Gamiel pled guilty to robbery resulting in bodily injury and kidnapping. The Court also issued a No Contact Order protecting the victim and ordered restitution to Speedway
Police said 30-year-old Whitney Gamiel entered the Speedway April 18, 2018, and said she had a gun. She got away with money, cigarettes and the keys to the store. She then demanded that an employee leave the Speedway with her.
Once outside, the employee and a customer fought with Gamiel. The two held her on the ground until police arrived.
- Woman sentenced in Speedway robbery
- Lafayette man sentenced for armed robbery
- Second person sentenced in armed robbery
- Man sentenced in Black Friday armed robbery
- Local students prepare for Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- A Lafayette woman charged after attempted robbery
- Woman faces multiple charges including armed robbery
- Woman attempts to rob Speedway, held on ground until police arrive
- Kokomo man involved in armed robbery sentenced to 43 years
- Man involved in double robbery sentenced to 24 years