MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Montgomery county woman is behind bars after police said she killed her husband and left his body in their home for three days.
Sheila Ridenour has been charged with murder and failure to report a dead body. Police say the 55-year-old called 911 just after 3 a.m. Monday. She allegedly told the operater she shot her husband, 62-year-old Bille Ridenour.
When police arrived they discovered the man's body. After being taken into custody at the Montgomery County Jail, she allegedly told police why she killed her husband and why she waited to tell authorities. That information has not been released.
She remains there without bail
- Police: Woman kills husband and leaves body for three days
- S.C. woman accused of killing husband with eye drops
- Woman shares final memories after losing husband in fire
- Protective body armor donated for 2 state police dogs
- Police release identity of body found on Lafayette's east side
- Police detain "person of interest" in fire with body found
- Police release identity of body found in Clinton County
- State police identify 6 bodies found in Logansport house fire
- Woman killed while walking along I-65
- Leave the heavy coat behind for the next few days!