LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - An Independence Day shooting left a woman in serious condition, and police say the person who shot her is still on the run.
Around 1:10 Thursday morning, Lafayette police were called to the 1200 block of Hedgewood Drive. Officers found a woman had been shot. Sgt. Mike Brown was unable to say how many gunshot wounds she suffered, or where she was injured.
The suspect has not been found. The victim was taken to Franciscan Health Lafayette east and is in serious, but stable condition, according to Brown.
Call (765) 807-1200 with any information.
- Woman in serious condition after Independence Day shooting, suspect at large
- Educating people for Independence Day festivities
- Keeping your pets safe during Independence Day
- Local Weather History: Independence Day Weather
- Tippecanoe County man accused of abducting woman remains at large
- Strasbourg Christmas market shooting: Gunman at large after three killed
- Woman shot near Purdue campus; police searching for shooting suspect
- Boy Scouts show how to properly retire an American flag this Independence Day
- LPD looking for shooting suspect
- Person in serious condition after officer-involved shooting