LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A burglary suspect is facing multiple charges after being found by construction workers in the Tippecanoe Arts Federation building on Wednesday. Shantel Humphrey has been charged with the following:
- Burglary (Level 5 Felony)
- Possession of Methamphetamine (Level 6 Felony)
- Unlawful possession of a syringe (Level 6 Felony)
- Theft (Class A Misdemeanor)
- False informing (Class B Misdemeanor)
- Possession of Paraphernalia (Class C Misdemeanor)
According to court documents, Lafayette police responded to the Tippecanoe Arts Federation building around 7:00 a.m. December 26 for a report of a burglary. When officers arrived, they were met with construction workers who said when they arrived at the building a male was seen fleeing the building. Humphrey who had been inside the building and had been detained by workers.
The superintendent of the construction company said the building had been locked along with the company's tool boxes on December 21. The tool boxes were now opened and missing tools some of which were found loaded onto a small cart.
Police inspected Humphrey's backpack discovering items belonging to the construction company as well as a small syringe and a plastic container which contained a clear liquid. The liquid field tested positive for methamphetamine.
- Woman faces multiple charges after being found in Tippecanoe Arts Federation building
- Tippecanoe Arts Federation breaks ground on building renovations
- Arrest made in Tippecanoe Arts Federation theft
- Tippecanoe Arts Federation plans new studio for kids
- Tippecanoe Arts Federation bringing first mural to Dayton
- Tippecanoe Arts Federation to revitalize Ellsworth-Romig neighborhood
- UPDATE: Violent felon faces multiple charges
- Suburban Indianapolis swim coach faces federal charges
- Tippecanoe Arts Federation working to bring more color to the community
- Darius Printup faces multiple charges including dealing meth