LOGANSPORT, Ind. (WLFI) — A Logansport woman is facing charges after a crash that killed the Howard County sheriff's daughter, even though she didn't actually cause the crash.
As news 18 previously reported, on April 8, Jordan Asher was driving northbound on U.S. 35 near County Road 80 West.
Jennifer Eastwood of Logansport was driving southbound when their vehicles collided head-on after Asher's vehicle crossed the center line. Asher died of injuries sustained in the crash. Eastwood was injured.
According to Indiana State Police, a toxicology report showed Eastwood's blood alcohol concentration of .196, more than twice the legal limit. She faces charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated, operating while intoxicated endangering, and driving with a suspended license. She was taken to the Cass County Jail.
ISP also stated Asher had Delta-9 THC in her system the night of the crash, the primary psychoactive ingredient in marijuana.
- Woman faces charges after being involved in fatal crash
- Frankfort woman sentenced for involvement in fatal crash
- Names of those involved in fatal plane crash released
- Lafayette woman faces charges after weekend shooting
- Woman faces gun charges following domestic disturbance
- West Lafayette woman facing welfare fraud charges
- Woman faces multiple charges including armed robbery
- No charges in fatal Indiana crash between truck, school bus
- Officials release the names of those involved in fatal Clinton County crash
- Woman facing charges after saying she forgot about her child