CLINTON COUNTY— A Camden woman died after a crash in Clinton County, Saturday morning.
Officers from the Indiana State Police and the Clinton County Sheriff's Department responded to a two-vehicle crash on State Road 75, just before 9 a.m., near Clinton County Road 425 North.
Police said Clinton County Reserve Sheriff's Deputy William Amsler was driving a police car northbound on State Road 75 and Amanda Grimes was headed southbound.
Police said Grimes traveled off the west side of the road, and allegedly overcorrected, and drove across the center line, into the northbound lane.
The police car hit the passenger side of Grimes' car and the two vehicles came to rest in a ditch.
Preliminary evidence revealed the police car had emergency lights and sirens on, as Deputy Amsler was on an emergency call.
Grimes was taken to a local hospital and later flown to an Indianapolis hospital where she died. Officer Amsler was taken to a local hospital with complaints of pain.
This is an ongoing investigation.
- Woman dies in car crash involving police car in Clinton County
- Woman pulled from burning car crash has died
- Frankfort woman graduates college after car crash
- Clinton County crash involving school bus under investigation
- Person killed in a crash involving a semi, multiple cars
- Woman thrown from car in Friday morning Tippecanoe County crash
- Police investigating car crash in Frankfort
- Several car break-ins reported in Clinton County
- Flora police searching for missing woman after car found abandoned in Clinton Co.
- Mulberry man dies after crashing car into tree