OTTERBEIN, Ind. (WLFI) — A woman is dead after a multiple vehicle crash near Otterbein Thursday afternoon, according to the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office.
Around 3:45 p.m., deputies were called to the intersection of U.S. 52 and West 500 North for a three vehicle crash. Capt. Robert Hainje said a Ford Crown Victoria was turning left onto West 500 North from U.S. 52 and turned in front of a Toyota Avalon. The Toyota hit the passenger side of the Crown Victoria. The Crown Victoria then hit a Dodge Ram 2500 that was stopped at the intersection.
The passenger in the Crown Victoria was taken to IU Health Arnett Hospital where she died of her injuries. The driver of the Crown Victoria and the Toyota were taken to Franciscan Health with non-life threatening injuries. The driver of the Dodge was not injured.
Alcohol and drugs are not believed to be factors, according to Hainje.
Thursday morning, another person died from a crash in Tippecanoe County. James Bray, 46 of Lafayette, died after he swerved to miss a pickup truck while riding his moped on Wyandotte Road.
- Woman dies after U.S. 52 crash
- Coroner releases name of the woman who died in US 52 crash
- 1:52 P.M. Weather Update
- One dead, 2 injured in crash on U.S. 52
- Woman dies after South Street crash
- U.S. 52 resurfacing will begin in April
- Road restrictions planned for US 52 resurfacing
- Lane restrictions coming to US 52
- New signal starts operating on US 52
- US 52 paving to begin Monday