LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A woman is dead and another injured after a two car crash on South Street in Lafayette.
Around 11:15 a.m. Saturday, Lafayette police responded to a crash at the intersection of South Street and Park East Boulevard. A car was traveling west on South Street and collided with a car attempting to turn left at the intersection.
The passenger in the car attempting to turn, 84-year-old Joyce Gross, was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the car, 85-year-old Charles Gross, was taken to IU Arnett with non-life threatening injuries. We are still waiting to hear about the condition of the other driver.
Investigators are still trying to determine which car had the right-of-way at the intersection. Neither alcohol or drugs are believed to be factors in the crash.
LPD encourages anyone that has information about the crash to contact them at (765) 807-1200.
- Woman dies after South Street crash
- Motorcyclist dies in South Street crash
- South Street closure begins Monday
- Woman dies after U.S. 52 crash
- Business owners prepare for South Street closure
- Details released in upcoming South Street closure
- Portion of South Street to close Monday
- Pet dies in Vinton Street house fire
- Woman pulled from burning car crash has died
- Hoosier Heartland crash victim dies