TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A woman has been arrested on a preliminary prostitution charge after Lafayette police found her and her husband in a motel.
According to Lafayette police, the street crimes unit responded to an online ad from 22-year-old Shelaina Venson. An arrangement was set up to meet at a motel in the southern part of the county late Monday night.
When officers arrived around 11 p.m., they found Shelaina Venson and her husband, Craig Venson, at the motel. Shelaina Venson was arrested on a new preliminary charge of prostitution. She also had five active warrants out for her arrest. Craig Venson was wanted on two active warrants.
Chief Deputy Steve Hartman with the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office said two of Shelaina Venson's warrants stemmed from an incident involving prostitution in January. A victim reported he was robbed after agreeing to meet her at an apartment on Snowdrop Drive in West Lafayette. Hartman said deputies found texts discussing sex for money.
Shelaina and Craig Venson were booked into the Tippecanoe County Jail Monday night.
- Woman arrested for prostitution after undercover LPD arrangement
- Illinois woman caught by undercover officer in alleged prostitution meet up
- Three arrested in prostitution sting
- LPD looking for missing woman
- Woman arrested after alleged prostitution plans go wrong
- LPD: Woman arrested after stabbing ex-husband with steak knife
- LPD makes arrest in child solicitation case
- LPD celebrates distinguished officer
- LPD officer suspended
- LPD investigating attempted armed robbery