LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A woman facing several charges for a deadly Lafayette crash has pleaded guilty to all counts, according to Tippecanoe County prosecutors.
Mekeisha Roberts was set to go to trial in September for the crash. Instead, she changed her plea Monday, admitting she was drunk when the vehicle she was driving struck a utility pole near the Tippecanoe Mall. Her boyfriend, 30-year-old Michael Creamer, died in the crash.
Online records show Roberts faces sentencing for eight charges total, the most serious being involuntary manslaughter.
Lafayette police responded to the crash in the 3600 block of State Road 38 East just before 2:30 a.m. on May 12.
Roberts was driving a 2004 Pontiac Bonneville when she struck the pole. Creamer, the front passenger, died at the hospital from his injuries. Police said a third passenger, 31-year-old Tatiana Jones, had minor injuries.
- Woman admits she was drunk during deadly State Road 38 crash
- Man dead, another airlifted in State Road 38 crash
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-65 southbound on-ramp from State Road 38 closed Wed.
- Road reopened after deadly serious crash on State Road 26 in Clinton County
- HIGHLIGHTS: Twin Lakes 51, Frontier 38 (BBB)
- HIGHLIGHTS: Harrison 57, Kokomo 38 (BBB)
- One dead in State Road 26 crash
- Crash with injury closes State Road 25
- Three hospitalized after State Road 28 crash
- Lafayette woman sentenced for her role in fatal drunk driving crash