LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette woman is facing multiple felony charges after an incident at an indoor trampoline park.
Prosecutors said Diavian Stewart left her children, ages five and one, unattended at Get Air Trampoline Park for half an hour on Nov. 23. A manager then called police, who contacted the Department of Child Services. Stewart later admitted to police she left the children alone, according to court documents.
Two days later, investigators said Stewart returned to Get Air and punched the manager who called police in the face. The manager said the woman came up to her at the front desk and said, "thanks for calling CPS" and then fractured bones in the manager's nose. According to the documents, the manger claimed that "everything went black" once she was struck.
Stewart now faces charges of neglect of a dependent and battery resulting in serious bodily injury. She was arrested during a traffic stop two days later, which led to further charges of resisting arrest and intimidation.
- Woman accused of leaving children at trampoline park, returns to punch manager who reported it
- Brent McNeil returns as Aviators manager
- Woman accused of leaving children alone in McDonald's while at mall
- Packing a punch against Parkinson's
- Joe Maddon returns to Los Angeles Angels as new manager
- Indianapolis children's museum opening $24.5M outdoor park
- Woman accused of abandoning adopted child in Lafayette wants to leave state
- A One-Two Cold Front Punch of Arctic Air
- Man punches bear in nose to survive attack
- Indianapolis cop is charged for punching teen at school