LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - A Lafayette woman is charged after she left her children alone at a McDonald's while she went to the mall.
According to prosecutors, Dekeeta Logan has been charged with two counts of neglect of a dependent. Police said they discovered Logan at the Tippecanoe Mall food court Friday around 9:30 p.m.
She told police she was "hanging out" while her two children were unattended at McDonald's. A 4-year-old and 3-year-old were discovered by employees. They were alone for up to an hour and a half, according to court documents.
Prosecutors said both children were eventually placed in the custody of a family member.
As of Wednesday morning, records showed Logan bonded out of the Tippecanoe County Jail.
- Woman accused of leaving children alone in McDonald's while at mall
- Woman accused of leaving children at trampoline park, returns to punch manager who reported it
- Woman's warning about a West Lafayette McDonald's
- Two more businesses announce they are leaving Chauncey Hill Mall
- McDonald's changes apple pie recipe
- Woman accused of abandoning adopted child in Lafayette wants to leave state
- McDonald's brings back Shamrock Shakes, Szechuan sauce
- McDonald's employees assist woman who mouths 'help me' in the drive thru
- LPD officer on leave, accused of selling department-owned ammo
- Purdue Crew rows in Tippecanoe County Mall