WARREN COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — More people took the stand today in Williamsport as part of day three of Scottie Kincade's murder trial. He's accused of killing ex-girlfriend Heather Smith and setting her house on fire in September of 2016.
Some of Kincade's family members testified and recalled what happened on the day of the murder.
Kincade's brother Steve, confirmed phone call records with his brother that day.
He recalls Kincade saying "I've done something bad" and that Heather was in the house during the fire.
Kincade then instructed Steve to take care of his children and tell them he loved them.
Smith's mother, grandmother and friends also testified, saying Kincade was abusive and the relationship was toxic.
In fact, Smith's grandmother testified that Kincade had once threatened to burn down her house, with her and Smith inside.
Another witness said she saw Kincade speeding away from the house fire, driving Heather's silver SUV.
News 18 will continue to bring you updates on the trial as it progresses.
- Witnesses speak up on day 3 of Warren Co. murder trial
- Six witnesses take the stand in day one of Patrick Elliott murder trial
- Warren Co. trial reveals new possible cause of death
- Patrick Elliott's murder trial postponed
- Double murder trial moved to Tippecanoe County
- Jurors selected for Patrick Elliott murder trial
- Neighbors speak out about the rough shape of some Warren County roads
- DAY 4 TRIAL: Digital evidence plays key role in trial
- Patrick Elliott takes the stand on day three of his murder trial