TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - The need for Needler's Fresh Market is growing in Lafayette.
Pat Bible has a grocery shopping dream.
"Just walk across the road, get what we need," said Bible.
That's what Bible did when Marsh was open across the street on Teal Road. However, when it closed in July of 2017, she had to drive elsewhere. She would like to do it again at Needler's Fresh Market.
"I'm surprised they haven't opened. I mean, that's a waste of time," said Bible.
She doesn't know why the store sits empty at the old Marsh location in Lafayette, but she's heard rumors.
"I was told their liquor license, they're waiting on their liquor license," said Bible. "And another one I've heard was prescription drug license, that they need to get too."
News 18 has yet to hear back from the company. Lafayette Mayor Tony Roswarski and Economic Development Director Dennis Carson aren't sure what's taking so long either.
Boost Mobile Manager Aron Mitchell is also eager for answers.
"I was pretty excited because I figured it would generate business for all the rest of the businesses around here, especially us. I mean, we are looking forward to that," said Mitchell.
It'll also add more jobs.
"I've heard that they've hired some people but no one is working yet," said Mitchell.
Needler's signs are up, but when News 18 took a look inside, we just saw empty shelves.
"I was told that they can stock some shelves in a night," said Bible.
Bible hopes that's true. She'd like to see more cars and less skaters in the parking lot.
"Needler's, if you're listening, open up soon!" said Bible.
- Why hasn't Needler's opened in Lafayette yet?
- Needler's Fresh Market announces August opening date
- Needler's Fresh Market is finally open
- It’s official! Needler’s Fresh Market in Lafayette is opening this April.
- Uncertain open date for planned Needler's Fresh Market
- Needler's groceries to take over Teal Road Marsh location
- West Lafayette pools open Thursday
- Blind Pig Opens in Downtown Lafayette
- Franciscan Health Lafayette opens new West Tower
- New pickleball courts open in Lafayette