WHITE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Indiana Conservation Officers were notified that a boater located a body on the Tippecanoe River near Arrow Point Ct. in White County Tuesday. That location is about six miles downstream from where witnesses reported seeing 37-year-old Michael Bane disappear under water. Bane hadn’t been seen since he was seen struggling to swim, early Sunday morning.
The White County coroner is now confirming that the body pulled from the river is Bane. Tuesday night, the family confirmed photographs of tattoos from the recovered body matched those of Michael Bane.
The White County Coroner is still determining the official cause of death.
- White County coroner confirms identity of body pulled from Tippecanoe River.
- White County Sheriff confirms body pulled from Tippecanoe River
- Tippecanoe County Coroner releases identity of body found on Purdue's campus
- Coroner has presumed identity of body pulled from Pulaski County house fire
- Neighbors react to body pulled from Tippecanoe River
- Drug epidemic burdens Tippecanoe County Coroner's Office
- Body of missing kayaker on Tippecanoe River found
- Body Scanner Coming to Tippecanoe County
- Houses submerged along Tippecanoe River
- Police release identity of body found in Clinton County