MONTICELLO, Ind. (WLFI) — Republicans in White County gathered Friday evening for their annual Lincoln Day Dinner.
Those who attended the event were treated to a raffle, as well as dinner. Candidates running for several different offices were in attendance.
U. S. Senator Todd Young was also at the dinner as the keynote speaker.
GOP Chairman Shannon Mattix said this event is a great way to learn more about the candidates, as the primary election gets closer.
"It's always the goal when you can get together like this and more knowledge of the candidates that are here," said Mattix. "Plus, they get to meet our current elected officials that are not up for election this year as well."
The Lincoln Day Dinner is the biggest fundraiser each year.
The primary election is May 8.
- White County Republicans host annual Lincoln Day Dinner
- Medal of Honor recipient speaks at annual GOP Lincoln Day Dinner
- Lafayette Urban Ministries hosts 32nd annual Thanksgiving dinner
- Tree Lafayette hosts annual Arbor Day Celebration
- Purdue hosts annual 5k Challenge
- Lyn Treece Boys and Girls Club hosts annual Community Christmas Dinner
- White County hosts 8th annual 'Shop with a Cop' at Walmart in Monticello
- Brooks wins Republican nomination for sheriff in White County
- Hanna Center hosts annual Thanksgiving meal