WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Tippecanoe County woman faces welfare fraud charges after allegedly getting more than $60,000 under false pretenses. Prosecutors have charged Stacy Billingsly of West Lafayette with two felony counts.
According to court documents, Billingsly got the money from December of 2012 to July of 2015 in the form of Child Care Development Funds. Prosecutors said she claimed her household was made up of herself and her seven children.
But, they said the father of her children was actually living with her. They also said she did not accurately report her household income.
- West Lafayette woman facing welfare fraud charges
- West Lafayette man faces battery charges
- Lafayette woman faces charges after weekend shooting
- Woman facing multiple charges including theft and check fraud
- Woman's warning about a West Lafayette McDonald's
- West Lafayette woman injured in dog attack
- West Lafayette man charged with child molesting
- Lafayette man facing charges of child molesting
- Lafayette man faces felony child molesting charges.
- West Lafayette restaurant faces lawsuit after food poisoning death