WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The City of West Lafayette is celebrating Earth Day, Apr. 22 by constructing a new community garden.
All the action will take place at the West Lafayette Community Gardens in Cumberland Park. The West Lafayette Parks department plans to move the current garden to a spot near Michaud-Sinninger Woods Nature Preserve and the West Lafayette Farmers Market.
The department said this relocation will provide an opportunity to increase the number of garden beds available.
Volunteers will be building planter boxes, placing soil, painting and more. This event will be held on Apr. 22 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m and it's open to the public.
If you’re interested in participating you can call West Lafayette Deputy Director of Development Erin Easter at (765) 775-5161 for information.
- New West Lafayette Community Garden is underway
- West Lafayette wants your help in constructing a new community garden
- West Lafayette gardener harvests 6.5 pound sweet potato
- West Lafayette family wins Go Greener Garden Award
- West Lafayette begins planning for Lindberg Road construction
- Construction on West Lafayette landmark set to begin soon
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- Community input still needed for West Lafayette's proposed rec center
- West Lafayette Community Welcome Students Living Off Campus
- West Lafayette community on second day with no running water