WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A West Lafayette man is accused of molesting a girl under the age of 14. 39-year old Michael Wellman II was charged Tuesday with one count of child molesting. Prosecutors accuse Wellman of having sex with the girl on July 20th at his home.
According to court documents, the victim says she did not remember the incident, but Wellman told her about it afterward and said it was consensual. Prosecutors say he admitted he knew the girl's age.
Wellman is currently in the Tippecanoe County Jail.
- West Lafayette man charged with child molesting
- West Lafayette man accused of child molestation
- Lafayette man facing charges of child molesting
- Lafayette man faces felony child molesting charges.
- West Lafayette man found guilty of child molestation
- Lafayette man sentenced for felony child molesting
- Lafayette man sentenced for child molestation
- A Lafayette man faces several felony child molesting charges
- West Lafayette man convicted of child molesting sentenced to 40 years
- Twice-convicted child molester faces more charges