WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — West Lafayette athletes Owen Walbaum, Ellie and Emma Tate, and Mitchell Curl will each compete in their respective sports at the next level.
Waulbaum committed to coach Mark Wasikowski and the Purdue baseball program. Ellie and Emma Tate will join their classmate at Purdue. The Tates each committed to the Boilers' cross country and track and field teams. They helped RDP's cross country team to a top three finish at state last month and a first place finish in the 3200 at the state meet in May.
Mitchell Curl is headed to the east coast to run in the Ivy League at Cornell. Curl joins a rising Big Red squad directed by head coach Adrian Durant.
"I've really been a fan of Purdue my whole life, and once coach Waz came into town, I thought they really turned it around and it just became the place to be for me really," said Walbaum.
"I started talking with the Cornell coach and, I really appreciated how, like he really believed in me and that was one of the big things I was looking for in my soon to be college coach so that really drew me in," said Curl.
- Four athletes sign letters of intent at WL
- WL's Adams, Truitt sign national letters of intent
- A pair of McCutcheon athletes sign letters of intent
- Ross, Stout sign national letters of intent
- Valpo's Brandon Newman signs letter of intent to play for Purdue
- Frontier's KC Clapper inks letter of intent to Purdue
- WL's Kyle Hazell signs with Dayton
- WL's Maria Siciliano signs to pole vault at Cornell
- WL recreation center planning continues
- WL City Engineer leaving position