After a year in the making, West Lafayette welcomes a new mural.
The West Lafayette Public Arts department teamed up with the McDonald's on State Street to display "Boilertown Mural." The wall of art features prominent figures and landmarks that make West Lafayette unique.
Artists from all over are encouraged to submit their art work to the Public Arts department. For this mural, Petronio Bendito, a Purdue-based artist was chosen for his design.
He said from the landmarks on the mural to the vibrant color choice, every artistic decision was intentional.
“The idea is really to celebrate, I want the design to just like have that positive visual impact that say we're here, we're fun, we have a strong community and we're also very culturally sound,” said Bendito
He said he's grateful for the opportunity the Public Arts department has given him as well as other artists in the community.
“I would like to acknowledge the wonderful work that the city is doing in bringing public arts to the community. I think this is very important if we want to project ourselves as a forward thinking community,” said Bendito.
The West Lafayette Public Arts department is always on the lookout for artwork ideas for the city. You can reach out to the team on Facebook.
- West Lafayette Welcomes New "Boilertown" Mural
- West Lafayette welcomes back refurbished fire truck
- Downtown Lafayette to dedicate new mural Wednesday
- Students create new mural in downtown Lafayette
- Owners welcome public to check out new West Lafayette restaurant
- West Lafayette Community Welcome Students Living Off Campus
- Greater Lafayette to dedicate new mural on Wednesday
- City of Lafayette Mayor's Youth Council dedicates Ferry Street Mural
- Lafayette welcomes new public works director
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series