WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)—The West Lafayette School Corporation is updating facilites as well. The school corporation is in the process of building a new aquatics center and intermediate school.
Logistics for the aquatics center are under way. Plans are to fill in the old pool for more classroom space as the new pool is constructed.
Community members are concerned about students not having access to a pool for the 2018-19 school year. Superintendent Rocky Killion is confident that the process will run as planned.
"I would say I'm feeling very confident that we'll be able to move forward we just have to make sure we do all of our due diligence and all of our fact finding."
Killion said they are looking for ways to keep a pool open at the Junior/Senior High School throughout the process to cater to student athletes. The school corporation plans to have their research completed on the acquatics center by mid-March.
- West Lafayette Schools developing plan for new aquatics center
- Plans advance for aquatic center at West Lafayette Jr.-Sr. High School
- Renderings released, construction to start on West Lafayette Wellness and Aquatic Center
- New development planned for Chauncey Hill Mall in West Lafayette
- West Lafayette city hall and recreation center planning phase
- Morton Center named West Lafayette City Hall
- West Lafayette looking to plan for future development in downtown area
- West Lafayette city inspectors busy with increasing development
- City seeks feedback on new recreation and aquatics center
- WL Wellness and Aquatics Center takes another step forward