WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The West Lafayette School Board approved new hires for open positions Monday evening.
Joel Strode, former baseball coach and math teacher at West Side, will take over as athletic director. Strode served as head varsity baseball coach for the last 10 seasons.
His duties as athletic director will begin for the 2018-19 school year. While Strode will no longer serve as baseball coach, he said he is excited to have a new experience in a familiar school system.
"Being here I know what great coaching staffs we already have in place," said Strode. "So very fortunate to inherit great programs great coaches, great people, and then also I think I've had a lot of great mentors in the building, former teachers and current teachers and of course the current administration, so I'm hoping it will be kind of a seamless transition."
Strode takes over for Brock Touloukian who served at athletic director at West Side for the last 18 years.
- West Lafayette Schools approve new athletic director
- Lafayette Jeff athletic director Doug Seagrave resigns
- Purdue hires Lafayette Jeff athletic director Peyton Stovall
- Lafayette Jeff announces Doug Seagrave as athletic director
- Joe Hernandez starts as new Athletic Director at Lafayette Jeff
- Lafayette Jeff hires Joe Hernandez as new athletic director
- West Lafayette City Council approves emergency snow routes
- Foggy start delays Lafayette, West Lafayette and Tippecanoe schools Wednesday
- Lafayette, West Lafayette, Tippecanoe Schools all closed Thursday
- Lafayette welcomes new public works director