WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — West Lafayette police have announced the death of one of its K-9 officers. Barry was euthanized Monday after an unexpected medical condition, according to Sgt. Troy Green.
The department extended its sympathy to Officer Elizabeth Romstadt, Barry's handler.
Barry has been a member of the West Lafayette Police Department since June of 2015. In February of 2018, Barry was in the news after famous journalist Anderson Cooper donated a $2,500 bulletproof vest to the department. It was custom-fit to Barry, and had a unique fitting so it was more comfortable for the dog.
- West Lafayette K-9 unexpectedly euthanized
- West Lafayette fallen K-9 helped make more than 80 arrests
- Lafayette K-9 will receive new vest
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- Cooke, West Lafayette top Lafayette Jeff 2-0
- West Lafayette pools open Thursday
- West Lafayette native makes history
- Local K-9 officer passes away
- Lafayette and West Lafayette team up for pedestrian trail funding
- Visit Lafayette-West Lafayette invites you to 2019 Tourism Tailgate