WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — West Lafayette's long-anticipated Fresh Thyme grocery store is set to open next week. The company announced the grand opening will be Wednesday, June 26 at 7 a.m.
The store is located on the corner of Salisbury and Navajo streets, where the old Marsh Supermarket used to be. As we previously reported, Marsh filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy in May 2017. Both the Teal Road location in Lafayette and West Lafayette locations closed in July of that year.
The Teal Road location is still up in the air after uncertainty with Needlers Fresh Market. News 18 has been reaching out to Needler's since the end of April trying to get the opening date confirmed. Organizers said they originally would open mid-April 2019.
During the opening in West Lafayette, Fresh Thyme will give a check for $2,500 to the West Lafayette Schools Education Foundation. The first 250 shoppers will also get a free, pre-packaged bag of groceries.
- West Lafayette Fresh Thyme announces opening date
- Old West Lafayette Marsh to become Fresh Thyme
- Needler's Fresh Market announces August opening date
- School board announces opening dates for West Lafayette Intermediate School
- Uncertain open date for planned Needler's Fresh Market
- West Lafayette pools open Thursday
- Franciscan Health Lafayette opens new West Tower
- Indian & International Grocery opens in West Lafayette
- Needler's Fresh Market is finally open
- Meijer fresh vegetable recall