WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- Investigators say they think they know what led to a fire at Purdue Village over the weekend.
Residents in building 142 were forced to evacuate their apartments after a fire broke out just before midnight Saturday night. The fire was located on the first floor of the building.
Firefighters were able to put out the fire within 15 minutes after arriving. We're told the fire started when some residents left candles burning while they were away.
Everyone was allowed to return to their homes a couple of hours later.
- Weekend fire forces evacuation in Purdue Village
- Train derailment forces evacuation of Rensselaer homes
- Cause of Lindberg Village fire ruled undetermined
- Demolition continues in Lindberg Village
- Large fire damages five homes in Lindberg Village
- Lindberg Village homes destroyed in fire to receive tax cut
- Investigators: Cause of Lindberg Village fire likely not criminal
- Purdue headed to Bloomington for rivalry weekend
- Grand Prix weekend kicks off at Purdue
- WLPD releases Purdue football weekend arrest statistics