WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - The Indiana Veterans' Home will host its Memorial Day Ceremony at 9:30 am on Monday. The public is invited to attend the ceremony in the campus inner-circle near the Fallen Soldier Monument on the IVH grounds.
This year’s ceremony will feature newly appointed Indiana Department of Veteran Affairs Director Dennis Wimer as the keynote speaker. Former Purdue University Men's Basketball Coach Gene Keady is a special guest speaker. American Legion Post 492 will provide the color guard and 21-gun salute services.
At the conclusion of the program, the public will be invited to participate in a special recognition ceremony to honor their loved ones.
However, organizers have plans for if the weather becomes a problem.
If there is severe weather, the ceremony will be moved indoors. The Tippecanoe County Veterans Council said it would be moved to Jenk's Rest Rental Facility, at 1915 Scott Street in Lafayette. The parade after the ceremony will be canceled if severe weather comes. The Veterans Council members are set to make a decision on the parade around 11 a.m. on Monday.
The address for the Indiana Veterans' Home is 3851 N. River Rd. West Lafayette, IN 47906. Parking is free.
This story will be updated if weather should affect the event.
- Weather plans for Indiana Veterans' Home Memorial Day Ceremony
- Indiana Veterans' Home hosts 2019 Memorial Day Remembrance Service
- Purdue Memorial Union Christmas tree lighting ceremony
- Volunteers plant trees at Indiana Veterans' Home
- Flag planted at Indiana Veteran's Home
- Vietnam veterans honored with special ceremony
- Indiana city plans pollinator park, memorial to 2008 floods
- Commissioning ceremony set for 4th USS Indiana
- New banners for Veterans Memorial Parkway unveiled
- Christmas tree lighting ceremony at Purdue Memorial Union