TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - A woman is dead and another person injured after a car crash on I-65 in Tippecanoe County Sunday.
Indiana State Police said it happened Sunday in the southbound lanes about three miles north of the State Road 28 exit.
Troopers said a semi was stopped in the lanes due to crashes ahead on the interstate. That's when ISP said it was rear-ended by a passenger car. Witnesses said the car was approaching at high speeds and that it failed to slow down before striking the semi.
The car was being driven by 25-year-old Kaden Milliren of Goldendale, WA. Milliren was transported to the hospital for injuries.
The car sustained severe damage to the passenger side of the vehicle. Jade Foster, 22, of Goldendale, WA was in the passenger seat. She died from her injuries.
Milliren and Foster were both wearing safety belts at the time of the crash.
The interstate was shut down for about four hours for multiple crashes in the area.
- Washington state woman dies in crash on I-65 in Tippecanoe County
- Crash on I-65 in Tippecanoe County injures 4
- Man dies following crash on I-65 in Jasper County
- Man arrested after I-65 crash
- Woman thrown from car in Friday morning Tippecanoe County crash
- Southbound I-65 near State Road 39 reopen after crash
- Woman killed while walking along I-65
- Crash slows holiday traffic on I-65
- ISP says 2 dead in I-65 crash
- Bug distraction causes crash that closed I-65