WARREN COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A traffic stop of a speeding vehicle has led to the arrest of a passenger and confiscation of five pounds of marijuana. According to Indiana State Police, around 10 p.m. Wednesday near Baltimore Hill Road, a car was stopped for going over the speed limit.
Officers noticed the smell of marijuana and requested assistance in searching the car where they found the marijuana in the truck. The back seat passenger, Keyon Carter, 30 of Danville, IL said the marijuana belonged to him. He was taken into custody and arrested for;
• Dealing in a Controlled Substance Level 6 Felony
• Possession of a Controlled Substance Level 6 Felony
Carter was taken to the Warren County Jail. The driver and the other front seat passenger were not charged and released.
The investigation is continuing.
- Warren County traffic stop leads to five pounds of marijuana
- I-65 traffic stop leads to marijuana arrest
- ISP K-9 discovers 120 pound of marijuana during traffic stop
- Indiana traffic stop nets 78 pounds of marijuana
- Traffic stop leads to marijuana/THC oil arrest
- Traffic stop leads to discovery of drugs
- Traffic stop leads to six arrests
- Traffic stop leads to large drug bust
- Traffic stop turns up drugs and leads to 5 arrests
- Tippecanoe Co. traffic stop leads to drug arrest