RENSSELAER, Ind. (WLFI) -- A man accused of violently beating another man is in the Jasper County Jail on preliminary charges including attempted murder.
The Sheriff's Office said Jason Shultz of Rensselaer also faces accusations of aggravated battery and intimidation.
Shultz was arrested on a warrant during a traffic stop at State Road 14 and I-65 Tuesday.
He's accused of attacking a man on Sept. 22 at a home north of Rensselaer. Investigators said he beat the man over several hours with his hand and a gun. The victim said Shultz put the gun in his mouth at one point.
The man was eventually dropped off at a remote location where he walked to a nearby home. He was taken to the hospital for swelling on his face and eyes.
- Man arrested facing attempted murder charge
- WL man charged with attempted murder sentenced to 30 years
- Man gets 40 years for attempted murder
- Lafayette man found guilty of attempted murder
- Lafayette man sentenced for attempted murder
- Man arrested for international village apartments shooting now facing murder charge
- Shot fired at cop leads to attempted murder charge
- Man wanted on murder charges in Indiana and Texas arrested
- Indiana man convicted of attempted murder in explosives case
- Attempted murderer gets 64 years in prison