TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI)—Wabash Township Trustee Jennifer Teising is withdrawing from the county commissioners race.
Teising made the announcement on her Facebook page earlier Friday. She said her life is going in a different direction.
As we previously, reported Teising was running against incumbent Dave Byers.
The announcement comes amid controversy surrounding a $440,000 emergency loan for Wabash Township that could lead to a property tax hike.
We reached out to Teising, but she declined to comment any further than her Facebook post.
- Wabash Township Trustee Jennifer Teising withdraws county commissioners race
- Commissioner Dave Byers running for re-election against Wabash Trustee Jennifer Teising
- Wabash township trustee proposing tax increase for next year
- Wabash Township Fire Department loses chief
- Four term Fairfield Township Trustee will run for Tippecanoe County Clerk.
- Wabash Township looking into emergency loan that may raise taxes
- Community members riled up after Wabash Township proposed tax hike gets delayed
- Wabash Township Fire Department to hire two full-time firefighters after tax increase approved
- Trustees approve Daniels' at-risk pay metrics
- Purdue Trustees OK residence hall construction agreement