WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Kyle Hazell entered his freshman year at West Lafayette Jr/Sr High School in 2015 standing 5-foot-4 and weighing 103-pounds.
On Wednesday, the 6-foot-0, 160-pound wide receiver signed his national letter of intent to play football at the University of Dayton.
Hazell, the son of former Purdue coach Darrell Hazell caught 46 passes for 909 yards and 11 touchdowns for the Class 3A state champion Red Devils.
Dayton, is an FCS program which competes in the Pioneer League. The Flyers finished 6-5 overall in 2018.
- WL's Kyle Hazell signs with Dayton
- Dayton Elementary closes early Monday
- Truck dealership coming to Dayton
- APC Approves Subdivision in Dayton
- WL's Maria Siciliano signs to pole vault at Cornell
- Four athletes sign letters of intent at WL
- WL recreation center planning continues
- APC tables Dayton annexation re-zone
- Three women-owned businesses open in Dayton
- WL student receives Indiana Homeland Security scholarship